Candle Care Tips

Thank you for your recent candle purchase.  Please consider your candle purchase from The Yvonne E. White Collection as an investment. That is why we recommend the following candle care tips to help maintain the longevity, performance and the “ambiance” your candle will provide…

For the best results, trim the wick ” before each use.  Please try and do this between uses and only after the candle is completely cool.

For the Destinations and Scentsation lines, try to use the lid provided to extinguish the flame. This allows the wick from drifting into the wax.  Plus it helps to eliminate an occasional smell of smoke after a candle has been blown out.  Think about it…you’ve just been burning your candle for hours and enjoying the alluring fragrance.  You want that scent to still linger in the room right?  Not the smell of a blown out candle.

In between burning, the wick will become dark with soot.  Don’t be alarmed.  This is where the Eco-Friendly part takes place.  Since we use all natural ingredients including herbs, sugar, nuts and fruit extracts, this is a normal organic reaction to extreme heat.

If you have purchased candles from our custom lines such as the Elevate, Ovation, Pathway, Stone Spherical, etc., please follow these additional tips…

Upon first burn, let the candle burn for a minimum of 15 minutes.  Allow the candle wax to completely cool and harden before relighting.  No need to fill the room with a smoking candle.

This is why is it so important to trim the wick.  Trimming the wick will ensure that your candle burns clean.

If you have a “snuffer", please use to extinguish the flame.  Using a snuffer will help prevent the candle’s wick from drifting into the wax.  Don’t blow the candle out or pinch with your fingers.  Wax may splash and become uneven around the wick and you may burn yourself.

To rescue a wax-drowned wick, use a wax chisel to loosen dried wax around the buried wick.  If the wax is still hot and in liquid form, lift the wick up and away with the tool.  Sunlight is not a friend to your candles… Sunlight can fade the color and melt your candle.  Be careful not to set it in direct contact with sunlight.

Candle wax “puddle” is natural. Dripping wax, essential oils and color can bleed onto surfaces if a candle is directly placed onto your surface.  To ensure surface protection, please make sure there is a candleholder or tray beneath the candle at all times.  Direct placement may cause wax residue or heat damage to your surface.  No one wants to spend time removing harden wax from a table or floor surface.  So please follow these tips to ensure this does not happen and you can enjoy the natural stages your candle will endure.


WARNING

To Prevent Fire And Serious Injury: Always keep a burning candle within sight.  Never leave a burning candle unattended or within reach of children and pets.  Never burn on or near anything that can catch fire.  Keep wick centered and trimmed to ” before each use.  Burn candle on heat resistant surface or on a suitable holder.   Do not burn candle more than 4 hours at a time.  Keep burning candle away from drafts and vents.  Never handle a burning candle.   Do not move while lit or if wax has not hardened.  Use caution when extinguishing.  Never use water to extinguish.  Keep the wax pool free of wick trimmings and debris.   For indoors use only.  Failure to follow instructions could result in fire hazard or personal injury.
 


















Copyright 2009 The Yvonne E. White Collection  All Rights Reserved.